We are pleased to announce the JTEHM 2018 Special Issue on Healthcare Innovations and Point-of-Care Technologies. Accepted papers will be published in September/October 2018 in the IEEE Journal of Translational Engineering in Health and Medicine (JTEHM). The full paper submission deadline is May 1, 2018.
The JTEHM HI-POCT 2018 special issue will focus on healthcare innovations and point-of-care technologies for precision and personalized health with their translation to address challenges in global healthcare in clinical (hospital, emergency, acute, chronic and primary care), non-traditional (consumer) and under-resourced settings.
This Call for Papers (CFP) invites all researchers from academia and industry, clinicians and healthcare providers, and innovators to submit scientific and translational research papers within the general scope of JTEHM in the following thematic areas (but not limited to):
- Healthcare Innovations: Devices, Systems and Services with applications to monitoring, diagnosis, therapeutic, surgical, emergency care and interventional protocols.
- Point-Of-Care (POC) Technologies Clinical Translational of Healthcare Innovations and POC technologies
- Precision Health
- POC Technologies in Under Resources Settings
- Devices for Molecular Epidemiology
- Compliance and Acceptance of POC Technologies
- Evidence-based Medicine
- Personalized, Preventive and Precision Medicine
- mHealth Innovations
- Wireless Communications and device data control and fusion
- Critical Care
- Medical and Healthcare Data Communication, Security, Privacy
- Infrastructure Independent Care
- Integration of innovations and point of care diagnostic devices into systems of healthcare
- Regulatory challenges (US and International)
- Global Healthcare Challenges
The CFP also invites presenters and attendees of the NIH-IEEE 2016 Special Topics Conference on Healthcare Innovations and Point-of-Care Technologies held at the NIH Natcher Conference Center from November 6 through November, 8, 2017 to submit expanded manuscripts from the conference with additional significant results and discussion for consideration of publication in the JTEHM special issue.
It is expected that papers submitted for consideration of publication in the special issue will emphasize translational engineering and demonstrate a clear path toward potential clinical or general healthcare application. All submissions should follow JTEHM’s normal submission guidelines, and all papers will be reviewed following the JTEHM review policy through the editorial board as posted on this website. The submission and review deadlines are as follows:
- Submission of Full Papers: May 1, 2018
- Completion of First Review: July 1, 2018
- Submission of Revised Manuscripts: August 1, 2018
- Submission of Final Version of Accepted Manuscripts: August 15, 2018
- Publication of JTEHM Special Issue: September/October 2018
Please direct any questions or inquires to Kara McArthur, Managing Editor, JTEHM, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.