Publication Date: September 2017
Full Paper Submission Deadline:
March 1, 2017 Deadline Extended!
New Deadline for Submissions: March 15, 2017
We are pleased to announce the JTEHM 2017 Special Issue on Innovations and Point-of-Care Technologies in Precision Health. Accepted papers will be published in July/August 2017 in the IEEE Journal of Translational Engineering in Health and Medicine, an open access journal that is indexed in PubMed and IEEE Xplore.
Papers and talks presented at the NIH-IEEE 2016 Special Topics Conference on Healthcare Innovations and Point-of-Care Technologies, November 9-11, 2016 in Cancun, Mexico are invited to submit full papers for consideration of publication in the JTEHM special issue. NOTE: Submission of new, original papers on the topic of POCT and Precision Health are encouraged as well (papers do not have to have been presented at the conference to be eligible for the special issue).
We invite researchers, clinicians and innovators to submit expanded manuscripts from the conference with additional significant results and discussion, along with emphasis on translational engineering, for consideration of publication in the JTEHM special issue. Candidate papers should be in the areas of healthcare innovation, point-of-care technologies, mobile health and personalized, preventive and precision medicine. It is expected that papers submitted for consideration of publication in the special issue will emphasize translational engineering and demonstrate a clear path toward potential clinical or public-health application.
Submitted papers should be in the Journal’s template, and the length of a normal journal article (about 8-10 pages, with references).
The call for papers is open to all researchers, clinicians and innovators but submitted papers should be within the general scope of JTEHM.
The topical coverage of the JTEHM special issue includes (but is not limited to) the following themes and areas:
- Healthcare Innovations: Devices, Systems and Services with applications in monitoring, diagnosis, therapeutic, surgical, emergency care and interventional protocols.
- Point-Of-Care (POC) Technologies
- Technologies in Precision Health
- Clinical Translation of Healthcare Innovations
- POC Technologies in Resource-Limited Settings
- Devices for Molecular Epidemiology
- Compliance and Acceptance of POC Technologies
- Evidence-based Medicine
- Personalized, Preventive and Precision Medicine
- mHealth Innovations
- Wireless Communications and Device Data Control and Fusion
- Critical Care
- Medical and Healthcare Data Communication, Security, Privacy
- Infrastructure Independent Care
- Integration of Innovations and Point of Care Diagnostic Devices into Systems of Healthcare
- Regulatory Challenges (US and International)
- Global Healthcare Challenges
Please direct any questions or inquires to Atam Dhawan, Editor-in-Chief, JTEHM, by email at email@example.com.